Thursday, February 23, 2012

2 Months!

That's right, my little man is 2 months old already! (Well, he's actually been 2 months for a few weeks, but time escaped me.)

2 Month Stats:
Weight: 10 lbs. 12 oz. (25%ile)
Height: 23 inches (50%ile)

Well, it's official: I'm in love with this little guy!
I mean, look at that face, how could I not?

Disposition: Besides being extremely good looking, he is also a great little baby. He's always ready to give you a smile and has recently started giggling. Talk about fun! It's always exciting when I find a new way to make him giggle. Jackson is also pretty chill. He's fine being placed on a blanket or the bouncer so I can make dinner, take care of big sister, or whatever else. The only things that cause Jackson to be fussy are acid reflux and gas. Thankfully, since going on an acid reflux medicine, he doesn't appear to have any more problems with that. As for gas though, let's just say colic calm is a life saver.
  



Sleep Habits: The first month Jackson woke up every 2 hours wanting to be fed. Talk about hard! Chyler was always an excellent sleeper, so I didn't know babies really did that. Thankfully, every few weeks got a little bit better. Now that Jackson is 2 1/2 months old, he now goes to bed every night at 8 pm, usually wakes up around 3 am for a feeding and then goes right back to sleep, and then wakes up again at 7 am. Not bad, huh? (Although, every once in a while, he teases me and sleeps the entire night. I welcome these as often as Jackson wants :)

Jackson was sleeping in a bassinet when he was first born. But, over Christmas, I spent a few weeks at my parent's house. Jackson wouldn't sleep in the crib, so I started putting him in the car seat every night. When Christmas was over and we returned home, he wouldn't sleep in the bassinet anymore. He's getting better, but we're still working on getting him out of the car seat.

We're still working on getting him to fall asleep on his own. Sometimes he does really well (e.g., he fell asleep at library time yesterday with all the kids running around and playing musical instruments), but then other times... not so well.



Siblings: Chyler is still adjusting to little Jackson. Despite a little jealousy, I think she likes having him around :) She recently started trying to pick him up and it's so funny to watch. Good thing she's too weak to do any real damage. Chyler still calls Jackson "baby" and says "hi" to him regularly. If I lay him down on a blanket, she goes and grabs a blanket to lay next to him. She also likes to share her toys, which really means she puts all her toys on top of him. (I have to intervene sometimes.)



One thing is for sure,
we LOVE having Jackson in our family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You always have such smiley babies!

He is very cute. I don't know what it is about those car seats, but as soon as my niece goes into hers she falls asleep.

Brittany Lewis said...

Cute!! Jackson looks like Chyler in the second picture. I'm glad he sleeps well at night, though switching to the crib will be a challenge, I'm sure. He seems like a happy little guy!

Megan Lewis said...

I had to keep blake in the car seat until he started rolling. It was just too hard with reflux and night nursing to keep him upright for a half hour after a feeding. So glad to know your enjoying your little man!