Saturday, April 14, 2012

Date Night!

Since moving to OKC away from any family, Brian's and my date life has become pretty pathetic. That's why at Christmas time when Brian opened two tickets to a Thunder Basketball game from his parents, we were both pretty excited!

He got two tickets to the OKC Thunder vs. Sacramento Kings game. Why the Sacramento Kings you ask? One word- JIMMER! For those of you who may not know, Jimmer Fredette played at BYU and led the Cougars to the Sweet 16 last year. Being a BYU almuni, how could I not be a fan? (Despite being Jimmer fans though, we were rooting for the Thunder!)

We had been looking forward to this game for months. Yes, we were excited to see the Thunder and Jimmer play, but we were also excited to be alone! No kids in the back seat, no diaper bags, no sharing our food, no interrupted conversations, etc. We almost didn't know what to do!

To start the evening, we picked up Brian's little brother Matthew to watch the kids. We then got ready and sported our newly bought Thunder t-shirts for the game. To begin the evening, we headed over to the Olive Garden and enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner together. Then we drove to the Chesapeake Energy Arena for the big game!

The Thunder didn't disappoint as they beat the Kings 115-89. It was fun to watch Russell Westbrook make a huge dunk that sent the crowd cheering for minutes afterward! Even though the Kings lost, I quietly cheered and clapped when Jimmer threw down a few threes.

Overall, the evening was great and Brian and I were so grateful to have some time to ourselves.

4 comments:

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have a night out alone!

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been on a date since April of 2009. So, you're doing much better than I am!

Brittany Lewis said...

I'm so glad you two got to go out on a real date! So important and fun (though I am hurting for the Kings..ouch).

Mike and Crystal said...

Fun date night! We did the same, but with the baby :) Glad you got to go out though, kid-free!