Friday, May 11, 2012

New Car!

Brian and I recently bought a car!

This is BIG for us because neither of us have ever made this big of purchase before. (I bought my parent's Honda in college, but was given a great deal on it and Brian's parents gave us their Cavalier as a wedding present).

My 1998 Honda had 183,000 miles on it and Brian's 2001 Cavalier had over 150,000 miles on it. We loved our cars, but wanted something a bit more reliable :) So we looked around, had too many conversations that lasted late into the night, and finally decided on buying a car from the Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Mission.

We got a great deal on a silver 2009 Toyota Corolla!

It just so happened that Brian's younger brother was turning 16 in May and his parents were looking around for a car. Everything worked out that we were able to sell the Cavalier back to them! Selling the Cavalier means the new car is now Brian's. I'd say it's sad for me, but thankfully I still love my Honda or else I'd totally be jealous. I do enjoy taking it for a spin at night to make runs to the store though :)

3 comments:

Megan Lewis said...

That is what Scott always does with my car because his doesn't have a radio. I always know when he's gotten a hold of it as the music loud! It makes me laugh, but not enough to trade!

Megan Lewis said...

Scott always takes my car because his doesn't have a radio. I always know when he's been in it because he has it turned up high. It makes me laugh, but not enough to trade with him!! Congrats on the purchase!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

That's a good-looking car! Congrats!