Friday, November 9, 2012

Halloween Fesitivities

I was excited for Halloween this year because it was the first year Chyler would understand what's going on. I decided to make our costumes and with the last name like "Tree," how can you NOT dress up as trees, right? My thoughts exactly :)
 
We sported our costumes at the ward trunk-or-treat activity and they were a hit! A few people said if there was a contest, we totally would have won :)
 
Brian had to leave the activity early, so I had a young woman take Chyler around trunk-or-treating. She told me she didn't catch on to the "trunk-or-treating" part, but would say "thank-you" after they gave her candy.
 
Our little forest of trees
 
 
Chyler's candy bag has been sitting on top of our refrigerator. Even though I tried to put it out of sight, it hasn't stopped her from asking for candy daily. I think she's definitely a fan of Halloween now :)
 
 A few days later, we decided to decorate pumpkins. Since Brian HATES putting is hang inside a pumpkin, I just let Chyler paint ours. It was right up her alley and she LOVED it. It might not have looked too pretty afterwards, but her grin was as big as ever.
 
Chyler and her pumpkin

Since Chyler went trunk-or-treating at church, I wasn't going to have her go trick-or-treating on Halloween. But, our next door neighbor asked asked if Chyler could go with her so she wouldn't have to go alone. I agreed, so we quickly put on her costume and just went around the block for 20-30 minutes. Chyler caught onto trick-or-treating much faster this time! She had the knocking on doors and "trick-or-treating" part down.

"Michael Jackson" and the "sapling"
 
And one cute tree she is :)

This little guy stayed at home,
but we had to take his picture as well


Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!
 
 

No comments: