After tomorrow, I'll have been at GLC for 3 weeks and so far, I really like it! To be honest, I was really hesitant to work with the elderly in the beginning, but it's turned out to be 100x better than I expected. It's a lot of fun working with them, teasing them (not to mention getting teased), and learning about their lives.
Here's a little story I thought was cute. Last Friday, we were having group therapy and reviewing trivia from the 40s & 50s. We came across a few questions that I was totally stumped on. When I told them I didn't know the answers, they asked what year I was born. When I said 1985, they chuckled and said that I was just a young chick!


4 comments:
well that's no surprise - you ARE a cute young chick! I think those elderly people have things straight: they say things the way they are. blunt, yes, but honest (at least that's the way my grandma was!) a refreshing change-I'm glad you like it. Especially since it's true!
I love the stories, please keep em coming! and the picture was nice too. maybe you can do some sketches of the patients since no pics are allowed? ha ha
I'm glad you're liking your internship with the elderly people, Kyla! That sounds fun. Do you like it better than your last internship with the kids?
ps: you do have gorgeous hair. don't chop it off. ; )
I worked at Grace living Center in Stillwater with two of my sisters for a while! We LOVED the residents. They are so sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!
I'm glad you like it! We miss you!
Post a Comment