This past week, I was driving home from work. The speed limit was 65 and like always, I had the cruise control set to 70. In the opposite lane, I saw a cop coming up. I watched him in my rearview mirror and noticed he was pulling around. (I'm not going to lie, I dropped my speed to 68 just to make sure I was safe.) Next thing I knew, the cop sped up behind me and flashed his lights! I pull over to the side and nervously started searching my purse for my driver's license. (I think I scared the officer because he came creeping up to the car barely peaking in. Maybe he thought I was rummaging my purse for a gun or something.) Anyway, he told me that the speed limit was 65 and that he clocked me at 80 coming up on a truck. As he said 80, it took me a second to realize that was 15 over! With a surprised look on my face, I told him the fastest I had gone was 70. I think the police officer then realized he got the wrong car. The truck I was suppposedly "coming up on" had actually just zoomed by me 10 seconds before the cop came into view. He quickly went back to his car, wrote me a warning, and told me to slow down.
While I'm very happy that I didn't receive ticket, I do have to say I didn't appreciate getting pulled over. Even though nobody driving by knew who I was, I still felt embarrassed being the one car who got pulled over. Part of me wanted to yell out, "It's an accident! I'm not supposed to be here. The cop got the wrong car! I doubt the police officer would have appreciated that though :)

3 comments:
Kyla.. thats hilarious! (in a good way!) Something like that happened to me once.. It was ridiculous.. lol.. nice picture though! :)
Ha ha - I laughed! This is such a cute story. I hope you're commute stays exciting in a law-abiding way!
Oh my gosh! I just had a cop scare too! It was an undercover cop who went after the guy who bullied me out of the fast lane with flashing his lights. But I had to speed up to get around a car to get out of the fast lane, and I WAS GOING TOO FAST. My heart didn't slow down for another fifteen minutes. I'm impressed you handled it with such class!
Post a Comment