Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Real!

When I first took a pregnancy test back in November, it really didn't hit me that I was pregnant. Sure, I saw a plus sign, but I still felt the same. A few weeks later when the nausea and vomiting started, it then began to feel more real (I knew throwing up everyday wasn't just a coincidence :) When my belly started getting a little more round and my clothes just a little snug, it hit me a little bit more. At Christmas time, when we started telling family and friends, I think it seemed the most real because we didn't have to hide it anymore. With every new step of pregnancy, I'm becoming even more convinced that yes, I'm pregnant and there's a baby inside of me! Today, Brian and I just hit a new milestone of realness. We went to the doctor and saw our baby for the first time! We really can't deny it now!

Just an FYI, the doctor said everything looks great and that the baby is measuring right on target- 15 weeks! At our next appointment, we get to find out the baby's gender! Brian is secretly hoping for a girl, but after seeing the baby today, he thought it looked more like a boy. I guess we'll see!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that he thought it looked more like a boy. This is your baby, so you can tell better than anyone :)
I'm so excited for you two!! Glad everyone is healthy and happy so far.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Cute picture! I'm excited!

Jill Garrison said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! so excited for you!

Dawn said...

I am so happy for you! I vote girl.