Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break

OSU and just about all of Oklahoma had Spring Break this past week. Yay, right? Well, not so much. The break started with Chyler and I getting a nasty cold with sore throat, congestion, and coughing. What's worse than getting sick? Getting sick while trying to take care of a sick baby! Thankfully, Brian was able to take care of us over the weekend and provide much needed relief. Come Monday though, we were on our own. Since he didn't have any classes, Brian decided to work a 60 hour week (that dreaded tax season). With a husband barely here, Chyler and I headed up to Bartlesville to spend part of the week with my parents. They also weren't feeling great, so we were all sick together. Despite the ickyness of the cold, we had a great time with my parents. While we were there, we went bowling, I searched for a job, and we watched lots of good movies: New Karate Kid, Race to Witch Mountain, and Meet the Morgans.



On Thursday, we headed home just in time to watch the BYU game! Brian got up at 5 am just so he could make it back for the game. Go cougars! (I didn't fill out a March Madness bracket, but if I had, I'd totally have guessed they'd win.)

When talking about BYU basketball,
you can't not mention Jimmer Fredette!

Friday and Saturday were were basically catch up days- laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, cutting Brian's hair, etc. I also managed to squeeze in some craft time and of course, watching BYU cream Gonzaga :)

All in all, it wasn't the most exciting week, but still pretty great.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your baby's smile as much as I love watching another team get Jimmered :)

Meghan said...

Sorry you were sick! It stinks. Ethan is sick now too. I hate little baby colds and coughs! I hope you guys are feeling better now!! Chyler is a cutie!

Megan Lewis said...

boo for being sick! Yea for family to help you through it. and yea for the super awesome job you found too!