Friday, March 4, 2011

Christmas... in March

In graduate school, one of the clients I worked with gave me a Christmas stocking made from a sweater. I fell in love with it and thought it was the cutest thing ever. I hung it up proudly every Christmas. The only problem was that I didn't have one for Brian or Chyler. Instead of buying a stocking from a local store, I decided that I'd have all our family stockings be made from sweaters. So, last December, I googled how to make one, went to Goodwill and picked out some sweaters, and started sewing (well, actually stitching). It took me awhile to figure out which fabrics are better, the best way to stitch them together, how to cut out letters, etc. But, I'm finally finished! Lo and behold our Christmas stockings.... in March :)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Those are so cute! What a great idea!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Your stockings are so cute! I almost bought some cable-knit stockings at Target this year but they weren't the right color. I should just have you make some for me!! :)

Megan Lewis said...

What a fun idea for stockings! You are on a roll these days with projects. It must be great to be getting all the home life details pulled together.