Saturday, February 26, 2011

Date Night

Last night, Brian and I enjoyed a date at home. After Chyler went down for bed, we started what I had looked forward to all day... making dessert! We began by mixing the ingredients to make homemade ice cream in our ice cream maker. It doesn't stop there though. What goes best with ice cream- brownies of course! I found a recipe for Andes Mint Brownies at http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/06/andes-mint-brownies.html and wanted to try them.


Both turned out scrumdiddlyumptious!

We then watched some videos of our all time favorite comedian, Brian Regan. We watched "Epitome of Hyperbole" and "Standing Up." I just have to say one word- hilarious!




In honor of how much we love watching him, here's one of our favorite clips:

4 comments:

Brittany Lewis said...

sounds fun! brian regan is the best. and i love your picture of chyler sleeping! you'll have to save that one for sure. :) connor sometimes tries to sleep on his side, but he falls back onto his back and then wakes himself up. babies do the funniest things.

Melanie said...

Mmmmm! There are few things in life more wonderful than homemade ice cream. Then you added the brownies, and I'm drooling simply looking at the picture. We are Brian Regan fans also.

Aubrey said...

Mmmm the dessert sounds yummy and that comedian is hilarious. I must Netflix him and then plan a similar date night with Carlin.

Megan Lewis said...

Yum! I love that recipe on Mel's blog, I usually cut out an egg so it is more fudgy. And Brian Regan is classic! Glad you had a great time!!