Friday, February 18, 2011

Finally!

My mom was always an amazing cook. Everything she made always tasted delicious! Unfortunately, I didn't take advantage of her mad skills. Now as the main cook of the house, I'm paying for it.

Last year, I attempted to make homemade bread for the first time ever and it ended in disaster. For some reason, I couldn't ever get my bread to rise. Come January 2011, I decided that one of my goals would be to learn how to make homemade bread and rolls. I made a batch of bread in January, but again it didn't rise. Urrr... Thankfully, after a suggestion from my sister to check out Mel's Kitchen Blog (http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/03/delicious-whole-wheat-bread-two-recipes.html), I realized what I was doing wrong. I use a Blendtec Mixer, which has an Auto Knead button. After I had mixed all the ingredients, I just pushed the button. After a few minutes, it stopped and I just went on to the next step. After reading Mel's advice, I realized I wasn't kneading the bread enough.

So, today I tried again. And....



VoilĂ ! I did it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! There is nothing like homemade bread, especially with some cinnamon apple butter (just a suggestion ;) )

whitney johnson said...

good job! i've made bread a couple times but it never turns out like my mom's. i looked at those recipes on that website...did you use one of those recipes with wheat gluten??? i've been wanting to try using that ingredient but to be honest i don't even know what it is!

Debbie said...

Great job. This is on my to-make list too. I've had a bread machine, but now I'm loving my Bosch. I checked out that blog and have bookmarked the recipe. Wish me luck this week!