Friday, October 12, 2012

Upper 20s?

I celebrated my 27th birthday a few weeks ago. As I've aged, the excitement for birthdays has dimished, but this year I hit a new stage. Not only am I not too excited for my birthday, but I'm starting to dread it!

Why, you ask?

Because I'm no longer in my mid 20s. I'm in my upper 20s now! 27 just sounds so much older than 26. I realize how totally pathetic this might sound, but it's a psychological thing. I just feel too young to be 27 :)

That being said, I did have a good birthday. My family and friends went out of their way to make me feel really special. Here are some highlights:
  • Brian let me sleep in that morning.
  • Brian got off work early and took the following day off (Friday) so we could go up to Bartlesville for a few days.
  • My mom decorated the kitchen with balloons (which Chyler loved) and made a great dinner and cake.
  • We were in town for a few days, so my parents us out to eat at a Mexican restaurant of my choice.
  • Brian watched the kids so I could get my hair cut and go shopping.
  • Lots of friends and family called to wish me a Happy Birthday!
  • My mom watched the kids so Brian and I could play tennis.
  • A few days after my birthday, my mother-in-law came down to OKC and took us out to eat at a restaraunt of my choice.
  • And of course, I received lots of fun and anticipated gifts!
It was a great weekend and even though I may not like the age I am, I'm greatful for another blessed year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't tell me this. Tonight I thought, "I'll be 27 in a few weeks... I don't like this."

Rebekah said...

ha, ha, kyla. you are soooo young! (and it never gets better. i still feel like i'm in my mid 20's.)