We've actually been in the same home stake since we were both really little. I think we both always kind of knew who the other person was, but had never talked before. Well, when I came home after my freshman year at BYU, I got together with a group of my friends over the summer. Brian had recently joined our group and had also started coming. There was one night in particular when I had to drive one of my friends home, which was like 30 minutes away. I didn't want to drive back by myself, so I asked if anyone wanted to come. Thankfully, Brian volunteered! That car ride was probably our first real converation. I'm not sure what we talked about, but it couldn't have been that bad since we both had good opinions of each other 3 years later.
So, fast forward Brian's mission and lots of my schooling and we come to last fall. My good friend, Kerri, who I've known since I was 15 or so, had just moved to Stillwater. We still talked every Sunday night and caught each other up on the happenings in our life. Well, one night, she said that she had become friends with Brian and that they had started hanging out at church. Every week, she started making little comments about him until one week, she said, "You should go on a date with him! You guys are perfect!" I thought Brian was a decent enough guy, so I agreed. That week, she talked to Brian and arranged the whole thing. Brian still wanted to step up and be a man though, so he decided to call me in November, get to know me a little bit better, and ask me on the date himself. We talked a couple of times while he was still in OK and I was in UT. Then, on December 23, we had our first date. From then on out, we went on a date just about every Saturday. The rest is history!
If I do say so myself, I think we make a pretty cute couple :)
So, fast forward Brian's mission and lots of my schooling and we come to last fall. My good friend, Kerri, who I've known since I was 15 or so, had just moved to Stillwater. We still talked every Sunday night and caught each other up on the happenings in our life. Well, one night, she said that she had become friends with Brian and that they had started hanging out at church. Every week, she started making little comments about him until one week, she said, "You should go on a date with him! You guys are perfect!" I thought Brian was a decent enough guy, so I agreed. That week, she talked to Brian and arranged the whole thing. Brian still wanted to step up and be a man though, so he decided to call me in November, get to know me a little bit better, and ask me on the date himself. We talked a couple of times while he was still in OK and I was in UT. Then, on December 23, we had our first date. From then on out, we went on a date just about every Saturday. The rest is history!
If I do say so myself, I think we make a pretty cute couple :)


7 comments:
Cute, CUTE!!!! I like all your pics too! And i totally know what you mean about just wanting to blog about something. I usually can't find anything that sounds interesting enough to blog about though!
Soo... Im pretty proud of this because I was involved in the first date process.. Didnt he look awesome?! :)
this post was really fun to read! thanks for sharing with everyone :) tell him to move up to utah!!
You're adorable Kyla :) I'm so happy and excited for you!
Kyla, I'm so happy you posted this. It brought a smile to my face!
I love a good story, and that one my friend is a good story. Thanks for sharing!
So cute! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment