I'm sure everyone's next question is, "How did Brian propose?" So, here's a quick recap. Brian told me he was flying in on Friday, but he surprised me by coming a day early. He had arranged for my roommates to get me out of the apartment. So, when I came back for the night, there was sign on the door with a heart around my name. When I walked inside, there were papers scattered all around the living room. Brian had written something that he loved about me on each one. There were also beautiful red roses and a card on the kitchen table. Brian then came out from behind the kitchen, got down on one knee, and proposed!
Here's a picture of the ring!
Here's a picture of Brian and I with the red roses he got me.
Brian and I were lucky enough to attend the Saturday morning session of general conference. It was quite rainy/snowy as you can see from the ground, but it was amazing, as always.

Also while Brian was here, we got together with some of my Oklahoma friends. Here's Crystal , Katie, Alyssa, & me between conference sessions on Sunday.

Here's Mike, Crystal, Alyssa, Jesse, Katie, me, & Brian.

Since my last name will change in a few months, I have to start thinking of a new name for my blog. I told Brian that he should just take on my last name so I wouldn't have to change it, but he didn't got for it. My creative juices aren't flowing right now, but when I do think of a new name, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

8 comments:
HUZZAH!!! Congrats again Kyla
Yeah!!! I am sooo excited for you guys! Love the pics! Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Summer weddings are the best. And don't tell Aaron...but I totally miss having Lewis as my last name! haha. I'm convinced it really is the best last name. What will your new last name be? Congratulations again :)
You look FANTASTIC with a ring! Congrats again!
I'm submitting new name ideas:
The Tree Girl
Seeing the Forest for the Trees
Going Green (that one is for Ben.)
The Giving Tree (I heart that book.)
Treetown (that one is dumb, please don't pick it.)
Also, here is a tree quote: As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.' -Woody Allen So maybe the name of your blog can be, "Putting the Bark On," or "Made By God." I don't know, just giving you some different options.
Also, tree, in French is L'arbe. So you could be Awesome to be Arbe.
Yea!! Congrats!!
Whoooo hoooo! You're engaged!!
Kyla,
Congratulations!Thanks for the invitation, it looks great. We won't be able to make it to Oklahoma, so we'll send a card.
Cheers,
James & Elizabeth
Post a Comment