Chyler has been growing through a growth spurt this past week. While we're glad she's growing, we are not so glad that her eating and sleeping schedule have gone out the window!
One night this past week, Brian and I were desperate to get Chyler to sleep. It was around midnight and she would not go to sleep after our many efforts. So Brian put her in the car seat and drove around. It was taking her a little while longer to fall asleep than normal, so Brian decided to go to McDonalds and get some ice cream. Brian then drove to an empty parking lot and while leaving the car running, moved to the backseat so he could put Chyler's pacifer back in her mouth and eat his ice cream. Not even a minute later, a police officer pulled up behind Brian's car with his lights on. As Brian rolled down the window, the police officer walked up to him and asked "what are you doing?" Brian responded by saying, "I'm trying to get my daughter to sleep." The police officer flashed his light in the car to make sure there really was a baby inside and said, "Well, she's not asleep." Brian responded with "I know. I'm trying to get her to sleep." The police officer then wished Brian good luck and left. Thankfully, with a little more time, Chyler finally fell asleep! Brian told me to the story when I got home and I thought it was hilarious!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ha ha! I've never heard of that! So funny Kyla! My favorite part: "Well, she's not asleep." Brian was probably thinking, uh, yeah, dufus, that's why I'm sitting in a dark parking lot after midnight in the back seat of my car... He's a good man not to have chewed that cop out for not being understanding. :)
That's a funny story :) I'm glad the driving worked and she did finally fall asleep!
That's hilarious!
That is soooo funny! Only you Brian would get stopped by a cop for that! ha! That is a story to put in Chyler's baby book!
Post a Comment