Last July, I was called to be the primary pianist in our ward. Chyler was just born at that time, so I really enjoyed a calling that was easy to prepare for while I was learning how to be a mom. Despite the easiness of it though, I really enjoyed seeing the kids each week, learning which kids belonged to which family, and making new little friends. Of the whole experience though, my favorite part was hearing the children singing phrases like, "I Am A Child of God," "I Know My Savior Loves Me," "Jesus Wants Me for Sunbeam!," and more. Their singing really brough the Spirit and I really enjoyed hearing them bear their testimonies through song each week. It was another testimony to me how special little children really are.
Yesterday, I was released from my calling as a primary pianist and called to be a Young Womens Advisor. While I will greatly miss the little kiddos, I cannot explain how excited I am for my new calling! I loved the Young Womens program growing up. It really helped strengthen my testimony through lessons, activities, and girl's camp. I also enjoyed associating with other girls my age and building life-long friendships. I'm not exactly sure everything my new calling will include, but I know I'll be working with the Beehives (12 & 13 year olds). These girls are at a special age and I pray that I can be a good example to them and show them the blessings of living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh you'll be great!
I love love love Primary though! I was the primary music leader, and now the second counselor and I know just what you mean. Sometimes I'd get a little overcome hearing them sing the songs :) But you'll have so much fun with the YW!! Those girls are going to LOVE you!
The Beehives will love you! Stephen and I were in primary at the beginning of last year and "I Know My Savior Loves Me" was my favorite!
That is so awesome, Kyla! I think it would be so fun to be in Young Women's. You'll be great!!
I was in YW's for a few months before we moved from one of our wards. I loved it!
You'll be awesome in there! I just called to Mia maids and I'm just as excited!
You'll be wonderful, Kyla! I'm in YW right now also, so I can whole-heartedly say, "Congratulations!" because it's a great place to serve!
I loved Young Womens. There is a special spirit there. The girls are so lucky to have someone with an education and a sweet little family to guide them for their next steps. Enjoy every moment of it. I still really miss that calling.
Post a Comment