Friday, January 7, 2011

OSU Infant Study Part 2

Back in October, Chyler participated in an infant study on OSU's campus. The study is a longitudinal study that takes place when a child is 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months. Today was Chyler's 6 month visit. At our last appointment, one of the machines wasn't working. Since it was this time, I got a picture!


To tell you the truth, it was probably worse than the picture actually looks. However, Chyler was a champ and got through it all. While we were there, they put 3 electrodes on her tummy and had her stare at people's faces on a monitor. They then put electrodes on Chyler's ears and by her eyes and then put an electrode cap on her head with earphones. She then had to sit as still (or as still as I could get her) for 15 minutes while she listened to beeps. Lastly, she had to sit and listen to babies crying. Like I said earlier, Chyler was a champ. It wasn't until the end of the visit when she was listening to the babies crying did she start to cry. Way to go Chyler!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did she look like this?

http://news.byu.edu/releases/archive08/Oct/babymusic/0810-41%2053.jpg

Megan Lewis said...

Dude! she's got some rolls. I never knew. She is super cute. And that is not easy to pull off with all those monitors on her!