Friday, July 29, 2011

12 Month Update!

Chyler actually turned 1 on July 7, but due to the waiting period between shots, Chyler didn't have her 12 month appointment with the doctor until two weeks ago.

The stats are now in!

Height
: 28 inches- 25%ile
Weight: 18 lbs. 2 oz.-between 5-10%ile (We have a small, but very active and healthy little girl!)



Swinging at the park


Clothes
: She usually starts wearing a new size just as she gets to that age. She's currently wearing 12 month clothes, but her pants are often a bit big. She's not into shoes much, but that's probably because I rarely put them on her. Socks never tend to stay on long either. Again, that's probably because I only put them on for church.


Such a cutie



Food: Ever since birth, Chyler has taken some time to adjust to eating new things (nursing, then cereal, then solids). Thankfully, I think it's finally over! She now usually eats whatever we put in front of her, whether it's vegetables, meat, fruit, grains, or whatever. This has also led to a decrease (although not completely) in throwing food on the floor, which I have greatly appreciated :)


Crawling/Walking: Chyle isn't walking yet, but has started letting us grab her hands and walk her around the house. I'm guessing it will be another month or so. Until then, she'll be the fastest crawler around.


Sporting her sunglasses



Teething: Chyler's two bottom teeth came in at 11 months and the two top ones just popped through!

Naps/Sleeping: Chyler has been a great sleeper at night for months now. She goes down around 7:30 p.m. and wakes up at 7ish. As for naps, it seems like we get on a schedule for awhile and then her body changes. She usually still takes 2 naps a day (about 1 1/2 hours long each), but I wouldn't be surprised if just 1 nap is in the near future.


Favorite Things: Chyler LOVES my parent's dog and signs "dog" whenever she see him or any other dog. She has no fear of Kayzan and will independently pet him or let him come up and sniff/lick her. Chyler also loves the piano. This includes banging on it and trying to climb on it. She's going to miss both of these when we move to Oklahoma City this week. Chyler also loves books and spends a good deal of time just looking at them or having us read to her. She enjoys entertaining us by bouncing up and down, whether music is playing or not. One of her all time favorite games is playing "chase." She knows Grandpa Lewis is best at it and will get a head start any time she sees him. Chyler also loves crawling up and down the stairs (not the best hobby, I know). It doesn't seem to bother her to climb up, go down, climb back up, go down, etc. Chyler loves to make faces at people. She scrunches her nose and sniffs. It never fails to make us laugh!


Her sniffing face


Speech & Language: In addition to signing "dog," Chyler also signs "hi/bye" and has been doing so for months now. If you're lucky, she might even attempt to say "hi" while waving. As for words, she says "mama" and "dadda," but also uses them for other things besides Brian and me. She has recently tried saying "banana" when I say it, but as you can guess, it's not too intelligible yet. Chyler has been saying "more" for awhile now. I used to try and teach her how to sign "more," but she always just looked at me. Then one day out of the blue, she just started saying it! I'm also trying to teach her the signs for "drink" and "all done," but no progress there yet. I've started showing her some signing videos and I'm excited to see what she picks up!

Chyler waving to the camera


I know I say it all the time, but I'm so grateful for this little girl! She keeps me on my toes, but I love being her mom.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness Kyla! She is sooo cute :) I love reading your blog updates and keeping up on the going ons of your life. Congrats on baby #2!!! That'll be exciting to see the two of your little ones playing to together and everything. Anyhow, hope you all are doing great!

Heather said...

So exciting to hear about all the things she can do and is interested in! Seth likes to scrunch his nose and sniff too. It's pretty funny when they do that :)

Megan Lewis said...

Sounds like Chyler had a great birthday! Great job on the cake. Its so fun to see her interests and skills!