Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Chyler!! (Part 1)

We celebrated Chyler's 1st birthday last week! Since both sides of the family live close, she got a double dose of birthday fun.

We first celebrated her birthday with the Tree family by heading up to Stillwater for the weekend. I've been wanting to take Chyler swimming all summer, but we haven't gotten around to it. I finally insisted we go for Chyler's birthday. She loves bath time and I figured she'd enjoy swimming just as much... and she did! She enjoyed splashing around, moving through the water, and going down the slide. She was a little squirmy, but that's only because the kiddy pool was too deep for me to let go of her. This girl definitely enjoys her independence. We'll definitely be making trips back to the pool in the future.


Raelene (Brian's sister), me, & Chyler
Going down the slide



The rest of the weekend was spent playing, having fun with family, and of course the birthday celebration!


Playing monopoly with Daddy, Uncle Matthew, and Uncle Jacob


Playing with blocks
Chyler's birthday shirt she wore all day

Here are a few of the cupcakes I made.
Can you figure out what the skittles are shaped like?



In past birthday celebrations, Chyler has gotten scared when we've turned the lights off and blown out the candles, so we decided to leave the lights on. She never cried, but the candle still freaked her out a little.




After some initial help, she slowly started to piece at the cupcake.
She eventually got the hang of it and started eating it!
I have to say she didn't get as messy as I thought she'd get!

Happy Birthday Chyler!!

No comments: