We celebrated Chyler's 1st birthday with my side of the family after my parents and brother returned from Guatemala. We had to celebrate it a few days earlier than her real birthday so Brian could be there as well.
Despite my lack of baking and cake decorating skills, I was happy with how the cake turned out. (I did have a little help from Grandma, but that's besides the point :)
Despite my lack of baking and cake decorating skills, I was happy with how the cake turned out. (I did have a little help from Grandma, but that's besides the point :)
It's a tradition in my family to let the person whose birthday it is to cut the cake. Chyler needed some direction, but eventually got the hang of it. You can see from the pictures that she wouldn't let go of the plastic knife the whole time she was eating.
Cutting the cake

Here's a short video of Chyler figuring out how to eat the cake.
It didn't take long before she caught on!
Yum!
Chyler enjoyed all the attention. She kept stuffing cake into her mouth because it was making us laugh!

After cake and ice cream, we opened presents! Here are a few pictures of some of the things she got.
Bubbles!
Camera
Animal puzzle that makes noises 
Chyler wasn't very excited to wear her birthday headband, but she's still a pretty cute one year old! She's blessed our lives so much this past year and we're grateful she's ours!
Happy Birthday Little Princess!



No comments:
Post a Comment