Friday, August 26, 2011

Official!

During my senior year of my undergraduate degree, I first learned about what's called a CFY. It stands for Clinical Fellowship Year. The quick version of what it means is that after you graduate with your master's degree, you have to work 1,260 hours (about 9 months full time) under supervision before you can become nationally certified as a speech-language pathologist.

I am happy to report that even though it's taken a little longer than I originally thought it would take, I am now a nationally certified speech-language pathologist.

Check out my new and improved credentials:

Kyla Tree, M.S., CCC-SLP

If you can't tell, I'm pretty proud of them! To celebrate, I bought Dove chocolates with caramel inside. Yum!


6 comments:

Suzy said...

WOOHOO!!! What a major accomplishment, Kyla! I appreciate all your hard work (and understand a little bit of what getting your C's entails) - and as a mother of 1.5 kids too. Wow. You're an inspiration. What are you going to do to celebrate?

Dawn said...

YAY - Congratulations!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations to you! That is something to be proud of.

Heather said...

So happy for you! It is terrible and scary that the bachelor's and master's mean nothing without those 3 initials. It feels so much less stressful to me now that all I have to do is keep up with CEUs. Congrats!

Megan Lewis said...

We are looking forward to the Hartford temple. I sure hope they build it near our house, but I would be SHOCKED if we got as close as 10 min. It will probably be a good two years before we get it. So I will just have to be thrilled for you. Enjoy it!

Megan Lewis said...

Woo Woo! That calls for ice cream girl. Hmmm, I'd better go celebrate too....