
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Long Distance... Again
Ever since Brian and I started talking marriage, the question of when I'd be able to leave Utah has been up in the air. When would I finish my data collection? How long would it take to write up the results? Can I write part of it long-distance? etc. Brian is the type of guy that likes to plan ahead, so not knowing when I'd be done was pretty frustrating. Finally, two weeks ago, we decided to set the goal to leave by August 1. My plan was to have a draft written before I left and then just e-mail my thesis chair drafts back and forth. Then, when it was ready, I was planning on flying back out to Utah to defend. Since Brian and I made that plan, we've continually wondered if it would work out or not. I'd ask my professor, but the answer was always, "it depends." I've started to realize that in the thesis world, you just never know. This past week, Brian and I sat down and talked about whether our plan was realistic or not. Sadly we came to the conclusion that we should probably change it. Our new plans now consist of Brian leaving on August 1 and me following two weeks later. This enables Brian to set up our apartment, get ready for school, and take the GMAT. It enables me to continue working and earn some money, finish my thesis (except for the defense part), and attend a good friend's wedding. So once again, Brian and I will have a long-distance relationship. It about drove us nuts during our engagement, but thankfully it won't be as long this time. I sure will miss him though! Utah and Oklahoma are so far apart.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ugh, no fun! Hopefully the time will just fly by! I mean, at least it isn't two months this time right?
Plus, I might have a little going away party before I leave, and now you'll be able to come! :)
I hope it's a quick 2 weeks! You have been working so hard on your thesis!
I understand. I always hate it when Scott and I have to be apart. I wish you the best of luck on your thesis!!
Post a Comment