Saturday, August 1, 2009

16 more days...

until I see my sweetheart again! It's only been a couple of hours, but I sure do miss him.

Growing up, I used to think I was a pretty tough girl. There's not much basis for this besides the fact that I rarely cried. (That was enough to convince me though:) However, ever since Brian and I started dating, my tough girl mentality has gone out the window. I say this because I find myself crying all the time. For example, not only did I cry when I said good-bye to Brian this morning, but I also cried whenever we just talked about it. I've become such a softy.

Here's a picture of Brian and I in front of our first home together

Here's a picture of Brian & I on our last night together in our first home
(And yes, we're camped out on the living room floor)

For the next two weeks, I hope I can find the strength to keep on writing. I actually didn't mind the data collection, but I hate the endless writing. Will I ever be done?

Here's a picture of me in the lab
(Don't I look smart with all the computers and.... stuff :)

3 comments:

whitney johnson said...

I totally know how you feel! I have to say bye to Aaron every Monday and don't get to see him again until Friday night! I guess 16 straight days may actually be harder though...hope you finish your stuff soon! :)

Aubrey said...

Hi Kyla and Brian! And I know exactly what you mean, it seems like ever since Carlin came into my life I've turned into this mushy-feely-romantic. And it's gotten worst since we started having kids. Only a few more days, right?!

Aubrey said...

P.S. LOVE your music selection - it's great. And makes me want to dance.