Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good-bye Provo!

I'm leaving Provo in the morning to head back to Oklahoma. While I'm sad to be leaving the place I've called "home" for the past five years, I'm super excited to see my husband. As sad as it sounds, I feel like I've almost forgotten what it's like to be married. It hasn't helped that I went to single's ward last week and have been hanging around my my single friends. While I really appreciate Aaron & Brittany and my old roommates for letting me stay with them, it's just not the same.

Since Brian has been gone, I've been busy working and earning money. These past couple of weeks, I've been putting together a bunch of spelling games for kindergarteners. I've worked as a research assistant for a kindergartener literacy program for the past 2 years and I'll always appreciate the things that I've learned. Other than work, I've also been trying to get as far as I can on my thesis. Good news- the analysis is finally done and I'll turn in my first complete draft next week. I'm hoping that I can fly back as soon as next month and defend. It'll be a happy birthday present to myself!

I walked around BYU today and took pictures of places that have meant something to me. I was really surprised how many memories and classes I remembered as I walked around. I'll really miss Provo, but I know it's time to move on. Speaking of moving on, I have two job interviews in Oklahoma this week. Wish me luck!

Since Brian's been in Oklahoma, he's passed his clep test for Micro Economics and did well on the GMAT. Fall semester starts tomorrow as well and he's been busy getting ready for school. Good luck sweetie!

That's it for this week! In less then 24 hours, I'll be in "O-K-L-H-O-M-A! Oklahoma! Ok!"

2 comments:

Ella said...

Good luck on the job interviews - I'm sure you'll do great. And congrats on completing everything. Love reading about your life.

Unknown said...

I want to hear about your job interviews! Let me know where you end up.
Also, I think I should get a special section called "Vermont blogs" :)