Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Milestone

Brian and I went shopping yesterday and bought our first vacuum together! I'm not sure why, but we feel like we've reached some type of milestone in our lives. We'd like to say we researched vacuums and read reviews, but it was more like, "I've heard of the Dirt Devil brand before. Maybe we should get that one?" We're just hoping this one holds out for a couple years.


Brian and I had an exciting night yesterday with his 3 younger siblings. They came over for a nintendo rematch, homemade pizza, and fruit smoothies.
Here's Matthew, Raelene, Brian, & Jacob

Here we are again with me in the picture. (Thank goodness for timers on cameras :)

My other exciting news is that I officially have a job! I'm working for the Mid-del School District in Oklahoma City. I start tomorrow, so I should have more details later this week. Wish me luck!
I officially have a calling now! I'm the new achievement day leader. It involves planning activities twice a month for the 8-11 year old girls in the ward. I start this Wednesday and am excited to start getting to know the girls . (My sister-in-law is one of them, so I already know one!)

3 comments:

Brittany Lewis said...

awesome, kyla! good luck with your new job!! and the new calling...that should be fun!

Aubrey said...

Woohoo - I remember when Carlin and I bought our first vaccuum cleaner. Heck, we still get excited about stuff when it's our first time to do something as a married couple. Sounds like game night was fun. Good luck with your new job.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Congrats on the new vacuum! I love buying new appliances! :) And congrats on the job! I hope you like it!