Monday, August 10, 2009

Roommates

Since I've attended BYU, I've had 29 different roommates. (Brian makes #30!) Except for this past year, I always randomly signed up at an apartment by myself- a little scary I know, but I always got lucky! Each roommate was definitely different, but amazing in their own ways.

Here are some pictures of my roommates over the years:

I lived with Tina, Sam, Rachelle, Kate, and Janelle, my freshman year. I was a little scared to not live in the dorms, but these girls were just what I needed. We had a lot of fun and made friendships that'll last a lifetime.

My sophmore year, I lived with Jayrin, Camille, Melanie, Sarah, & Jenna. 4/5 girls had already lived with each other, but they embraced me with open arms and made me feel part of the apartment. We've also tried our best to keep in touch and get together when possible. Camille has passed on and returned to her Father in heaven. We miss her dearly, but know she's in a better place.

I lived with Heather, Kathy, & Elizabeth my junior/senior year. They were all such good examples and I think I grew more spiritually this year than any other year. Of course, we still had lots of fun too! I've enjoyed getting together with these girls every couple months as well.

I lived with Britta, Christine, & Charity my first year of graduate school. They were sure crazy, but I loved it. Without their spunk, I probably wouldn't have survived graduate school!

I lived with Keilani and Suzy during the summer between my 1st and 2nd years of graduate school. After finishing a stressful year, these girls helped me have fun and open up. I really related to them and had one of the best summers ever. I'll miss them dearly when I leave.

This past year, I lived with Lindsey and Lindsey. I sure love these girls a lot! We had so many fun adventures that I'll never forget.

There are other roommates not pictured here, but these were the 5 main groups. Each roommate taught me something different and I'm a better person today because of each one. They're amazing and I consider myself extremely blessed to have been their roommate.

No comments: