Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Last week for Family Home Evening, Brian and I set up the Christmas tree. This is our first year to have one, so we were really excited (ok, maybe I was the one who was excited). We're still working on collecting ornmanets to hang on the tree, but for our first year I didn't think we did half bad.


I made up a new tradition that I'm going to start. Every year that a baby joins our family, I'm going to buy an ornament that represents that child in some fashion. The idea is that when they get older, they can then take that ornament and put it on their own tree. I was having some trouble finding one for Chyler, but I came across this at Walgreens. It's not the most cutesy, but I thought it fit her well. I then wrote "Chyler 2010" on the back.

"A daughter is yesterday's dream, today's
delight, and tomorrow's promise."

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Our family has the same tradition! Fun!

Julie said...

In Joseph's family they would get a new ornament every year for Christmas so we are doing that with our children. This year Cameron is getting an airplane because every time he see one he gets so excited and points it out to everyone. And Carston is getting a train because he loves them and "choo choo" is one of the first things he learned how to say. I think that it is such a fun tradition and even though we haven't been doing it very long it is fun to look at the ornaments every year and remember past years.

Mike and Crystal said...

Cute tree! We just put up our first one too and I love having one :) And I like Chyler's ornament- that's a fun tradition!