Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

For the past two years since Brian and I have been married, we've spent Thanksgiving with my parents in Bartlesville. This year though, things worked out to spend the holiday with Brian's family in Stillwater. While we always enjoy being close to family, it's been especially nice during the holidays. (I know Thanksgiving wouldn't taste near as good if I was doing it all myself!)

To help ease my mother-in-law's work load, I offered to help make some pies. I looked through tons of cook books and finally decided to make a pecan pie (my favorite!), lemon meringue pie, and pink peppermint pie. For never making them before, they turned out quite well. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of these beauties.

For the holiday, Brian's grandparents came down from Indiana. We only spent Wednesday night and all day Thursday with them, but we enjoyed their company for the small time we were there. During those two days, we went out to eat as a family on Wednesday, enjoyed lots of delicious food, had lots of good conversation, played card games, and more. While I didn't take too many pictures, I managed a few:

4 Generations
Grandma & Grandpa Tree, Chyler, Brian, & Brian's dad

Grandma & Grandpa Tree, Chyler, & Brian

As I've mentioned in the past, Chyler LOVES going outside. It was in the high 60s all day, so I took Chyler outside to explore. She loves picking up sticks, pine cones, leaves, and more. It's pretty cute to watch :)

Yes, she has two different colored socks on. Please ignore :)


Due to the meaning of the holiday, I thought I'd take a minute and write some of the things I'm most grateful for:

1) A hard-working husband who is working full time and taking classes to finish his master's degree.
2) A beautiful, fun-loving daughter who makes me smile everyday.
3) A healthy baby boy.... who is almost here!
4) The opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom.
5) The gospel of Jesus Christ and the direction it's provided in my life.
6) The most amazing parents I could ever ask for.
7) A strong bond with all of my siblings and the opportunity we have to get together for Christmas this year.
8) Being a U.S. citizen and enjoying countless freedoms.
9) Having gained an education in a rewarding (and flexible) field.
10) Building a house and getting to move into it in May!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

No comments: