I started making them yesterday after church. After mixing in the first few ingredients, I realized I had wrong size of pudding mix. After talking to my mom, she said that it would probably be alright. I just needed to make sure the mixture had the same consistency of liquid. Since the difference in pudding mixtures is an extra cup of milk, I just added an extra cup. After I did that though, I realized adding an extra cup of milk isn't the same as adding it to the pudding mixture. Therefore, I had to add a ton of extra flour to make up for the extra liquid. More than half way through adding flour, I realized I forgot part of the kneading attachment in my mixer. Thankfully, I got that resolved without too much mess. By the time the dough was done, there was flour everywhere and the whole kitchen was a mess. By that time, everything had taken longer than I expected and Brian and I had to go somewhere, so I just put the dough in the refrigerator.
Today, I got the dough out and start rolling them out. Nothing disastrous went wrong, but I called my mom asking how wide to make the dough, if I have to add all the butter/brown sugar/cinnamon the recipe calls for, how to cut the dough, how long should I let the dough rise for if it's been in the fridge, etc. (During the process of yesterday and today, I think I called my Mom at least 10 times. Thank goodness she was home! ) Finally, the cinnamon rolls are finished and they taste delicious. Next time (it might be awhile), I think I'll do a few things different. However, for my 1st time, I think I did alright.
Here's a picture of the finished product. You can't really tell by the picture, but they turned out HUGE!! No complaints from Brian though :)

6 comments:
Those look really good, and I want one!
yum, they look delicious! Is it a secret recipe or one you can share?
Did you cut them with uncoated dental floss? That was always my favorite part. :)
Yum! I love making cinn rolls! I agree, the best part is the dental floss. I'm glad it was a success!
nicely done, kyla! i made cinnamon rolls just before christmas, and they were so much work i don't know if it was worth it! looks like yours turned out great, though.
Those look yummy! Good job!
Post a Comment