This May I officially celebrated my first Mother's Day! Chyler has brought so much joy to my life and I'm so grateful to be her mom. To celebrate, Brian and Chyler bought me the perfect gift. Like most girls, I am always freezing. In particular, my hands and feet are always ice. Brian and Chyler bought me warm fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm! Even though it's summer time, I've already made good use of them.
5 Things I Love about Being a Mom
1) Hearing Chyler say "Mama"
2) Getting sloppy wet kisses from her
3) The smile on her face when I walk in the room
4) How she prefers me over anybody else (...except at naptime of course; then, I'm the last person she wants to go to :)
5) The pure satisfaction and fullfillment I get by taking care of her. I just can't find it anywhere else.


I also want to say Happy (belated) Mother's Day to my mom. I was fortunate to spend the day with her and celebrate together.
5 Things I Love about My Mom
1) She's always serving everyone around her. She doesn't know how not to help!
2) She loves being a mom and a grandmother.
3) She's always around to answer my bazillion and one questions about cooking, sewing, and more.
4) People say I look just like her.
5) She's talented in so many things- singing, playing the piano, cooking, sewing, cake decorating, saving money, and so much more!

I love you Mom!

2 comments:
Just saw this since I haven´t been checking the blogs since we left on our tour. Thanks for the Mother´s Day blog. We enjoy having you and Chyler in our home for a few months and we know we´ll go through separation anxiety when you leave! Give Chyler a kiss from Grandma Lewis and tell her we can´t wait to see her in a couple of days!
I think you 've stepped into the motherhood role very gracefully. You have such a sweet daughter and we're happy you share her with us via the blog world. Happy Mother's day!
Post a Comment