I needed to work 125 more hours until I could qualify to earn my national and state ceritification as a speech-language pathologist. Before Chyler was born, I worked in the schools and finished 90% of my hours. I took the past year off and stayed at home with Chyler, but still needed to go back to work to earn the last bit. I looked for a job in the Stillwater area, but broadened my search when I couldn't find what I was looking for. My parents live in Bartlesville, OK (2 hours from Stillwater) and I started searching in their area. I was lucky to find the perfect job! I work for a company that provides speech and language therapy to children from families with low incomes who typically can't afford services. I only work in the mornings while my wonderful mom watches Chyler. It's been an almost perfect arrangment (except that Brian isn't here).
Besides working and looking forward to the weekends, Chyler and I have enjoyed living with Grandma and Grandpa Lewis. They've welcomed us with open arms, especially Chyler :) I'm grateful for this opportunity that she has to be so close to them and for them to be so close to her. I can tell Chyler loves her grandparents and lights up every time she sees them.
Here are some pictures from our summer:
In June, we attended a festival with tons of food and entertainment.

Brian's favorite place to have Chyler- in his arms
Bonding before saying good-bye for the week

Chyler loves anything with a cord! Lately it's been the nintendo controller.

Bonding before saying good-bye for the week

Chyler loves anything with a cord! Lately it's been the nintendo controller.



1 comment:
That has got to be very tough. But I have to tell ya Kyla, I really respect what you are doing. I think it is great that you are able and ready to take care of your family!!
Post a Comment