Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend!

Brian was able to arrange his schedule so we could have an extra long fun filled holiday weekend. On Thursday afternoon, we drove up to Stillwater to spend some time with his family. His younger siblings were out of school on Friday and it worked out well being up there for the day. Lots of time was spent talking, playing video games, going out to eat, and more. On Friday, I also turned 26 weeks. Here's a picture of my growing belly!


When Friday afternoon rolled around, Brian, Chyler, and I headed to Bartlesville to spend the rest of the weekend with my parents. On Saturday, we enjoyed watching the BYU Cougars beat Ole Miss 14-13 and listening to OSU Cowboys beat Louisiana Lafayette 61-34! Woo hoo!

While we were in Bartlesville, I also took advantage of my Mom's expertise and made a book cover for Chyler's baby book. I love the variety of pages on the inside, but have never been a fan of the cover. So, I looked up a pattern, bought some fabric, and went to work. I really liked how it turned out!

Before Picture
After Picture

On Sunday, we went to church with my parents and enjoyed a low key day. That evening, we got to Skype with Adam and Aaron's family (my brothers). Don't you just love modern technology?

On Monday, we enjoyed a beautiful picnic at the park. (And when I say beautiful, I mean beautiful. A cold front moved in on Saturday night and ever since, it's been nothing but 80s! Good bye 100 degree weather!! You won't be missed :) Here are some pictures of Chyler and Grandma Lewis playing!

Grandma & Chyler swinging
(and Chyler trying to kick me :)


Going down the slide
Hanging out in the rhino
(as you can tell, this one wasn't her favorite)
Practicing Walking
(She took her first steps while we were there this weekend!)

We love having family so close!

3 comments:

The Mylers said...

You look so gorgeous in that picture! Glad things are going well!

Kendra said...

Cute baby book!

Megan Lewis said...

I love long weekends. It sounds like you made the most of it!