Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Big 25!

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. I am officially a quarter of a century now! Fortunately, I don't really feel "old."

Everyone made my day really special. I really appreciated everything from Chyler sleeping well in the morning and going to bed early, to all the facebook messages, and to all the phone calls. Thanks everyone!

My family really went out of their way to make my day special as well. For lunch, Brian took me to a restaurant called House of Greek. We went there on one of our first dates, which was fun to reminise about. Brian also planned accordingly so he could spend the afternoon at home instead of on campus. Around 3 pm, my parents surprised me by showing up at my door! I wasn't expecting them at all, so that was a fun to talk with them, eat cheesecake, and open presents. Later that night, Brian's parents took the family out to the restaurant of my choice. I picked a place called Chipolte's. Mexican food, mmm... mmm. Then, we went back to their house, I opened more presents, and ate chocolate snickers cake with ice cream. To end the night, I was also able to talk with my siblings on the phone.

Overall, it was one pretty great birthday! I can't wait until I'm 26! Just kidding :)


2 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

Yay! Happy birthday! 25 is great; I have about 4 months of it left. :) I'm glad that you had such a fun day...it sounds like a good start for a great year!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had fun and yay for Chyler sleeping! That's always a nice present.