Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Chyler to Sleep, A Two-Edged Sword

Lately, when it's time for Chyler to go to sleep, I have mixed emotions. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get Chyler to go to sleep. I'll first put her in her crib while she's awake, but that just ends in endless screaming. I'll then try rocking her, nursing her, singing to her, rubbing her head, anything to get her to go to sleep. If something does work, it seems like Chyler just wakes up 10 minutes after she lies down and we have to start all over.

Somehow, after a long ordeal, Chyler eventually falls asleep. When this happens, she sleeps so well! She's already slept through the night numerous times and has fairly long naps. She is a great sleeper!

No matter how stressful and tiring the whole thing is, I can't deny she's one little cutie!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

If you want a book to try, we did Baby Wise and it really helped get the kids to fall asleep on their own. It's hard to tough it out for a few days while they learn how to fall asleep by themselves, but in the end it was so helpful.

At any rate, your daughter is so precious and enjoy every minute of her tiny-ness!

Aubrey said...

Aw, I'm sorry. We watched "Happiest Baby on the Block" and the techniques in there helped get our kids to sleep. I also play soft lullabys for Lillian to help calm her down on a CD player. Routines are super important to kids so try to keep as close to a routine as possible. And sometimes it's good to just let them cry it out, it's important they learn to self-comfort.

Also, she might be going through a growth spurt which always messes up nap-times for us and sometimes night-sleep. She is beautiful, good luck.