Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thermometer

While I was in the hospital when Chyler was born, the nurses would come in every few hours and take her temperature. They had a temporal artery thermometer that they'd just run over her forehead. It was so fast and easy!

A few weeks after Chyler and I came home from the hospital, she felt a little hot to me and I wanted to take her temperature. I got out the thermometer that came with a kit I had and put it under her armpit. It took forever to give me a reading and Chyler was so squirmy. When the thermometer finally finished reading her temperature, it didn't even seem accurate.

So, I went to Wal-mart soon after and found one like they used in the hospital. I figured it wouldn't be as high tech as the ones they used, but I still had high hopes of it working well. As soon as I got home, I opened it and started using it on me, Chyler, and Brian. I was so excited to find out that it gave consistent readings for all three of us. The best feature of all is that it's so quick and easy!

If anyone is interested in getting a good, reliable theremometer, I definitely recommend this one!


3 comments:

Bethany said...

Good to know! I always wondered if those worked.

Heather said...

Cool! Do you remember about how much it cost?

Meghan said...

Wr have one too and I love it!!