Wednesday, August 15, 2012

3 Year Anniversary

It was mine and Brian's 3 year wedding anniversary on June 20. Since that was the week we moved into our house, we decided to postpone the celebrations (although, I did joke that I bought him a house for our anniversary :) It wasn't until after we moved in, after the kids and I got back from vacation, and after things settled down a little that we FINALLY made plans for our big night!

It was my year to plan our evening, so first thing's first, I got babysitting figured out. Since we just moved into a new church ward, we don't know too many people yet and wasn't sure who to ask to watch our kids. So, I took advantage of the opportunity that Chyler was spending a few days with Grandma Tree and then I asked a good friend from our last ward to watch Jackson.

I had heard great things about the Melting Pot, so I decided we'd give it a try. Plus, it was in the middle of OKC's infamous "Bricktown," so we were excited to visit and look around. We spared no expense at dinner and ordered the cheese fondue, the salad, the meant entree, and of course, the chocolate fondue :) While the bill was up there, the food did not disappoint! We also loved the privacy it offered and lots of time to enjoy our food.

(Funny story: When I called to make a reservation, I told them it was our 3rd year anniversary. When we arrived the Melting Pot and were seated at our table, our waiter handed us a card. When I opened, it said "Happy Birthday!" Well.... at least they tried :)

After dinner, I made plans for us to take a carriage-ride around downtown (thank-you Groupon!). It was fun to sit back, cuddle, talk, and enjoy everything going on around us.

As our evening came to an end, Brian and I talked about how much we really enjoy these special anniversary dates. Every year, we try to do something we haven't ever done before or wouldn't normally do (1- Michael Buble' concert, 2- massages, 3- Melting Pot & carriage ride). While I'm excited for each and everyone, I'm more excited for the the time we get to spend in between. Love you Babe and Happy Anniversary!


No comments: