The other day, I was going through a box of our decorations. Amongst other things was a little statue of Christ. Chyler was with me, so I showed her the statue and briefly explained how bad men hurt Christ by putting nails in Christ's hands. We then put the statue down and continued unpacking the box.
A few days later, I was moving things around during the kids' nap time. By the time the kids woke up, there were picture frames scattered on the floor, along with nicknacks, keepsakes, and the Christ statue. Later, as Chyler was playing, she stumbled across the statue. I was observing her from the kitchen and without me saying anything at all, she picked up the statue of Christ, looked at him, kissed both of his hands ever so delicately, and put him back down.
It was only a moment, but that little action just melted my heart.
Oh, how I love my little girl. She's full of energy, independence, and spunk, but she has such a sweet, caring side as well.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How sweet!
How tender!!
I love that! My niece has been bringing that up with me lately. "They took Jesus' hands and went 'bam! bam! bam!'and put holes in them!" I told her I knew that and, with a look of utmost concern and sadness on her face she said, "why did they do that?" Almost broke my heart.
Post a Comment