We had planned on driving to Bartlesville (just under 3 hours away) and renting a truck to help move it, but the bishop so graciously offered to bring the piano down in his truck on his way to the OKC LDS temple. My parents worked out the details of finding 4 people to help move the piano to the truck. We (I mean Brian) then made a few phone calls and found a few people from our ward to help unload it. It is now sitting in it's permanent spot in our living room!
My very first piano!
As for the mattress, it is still sitting in Jackson's room, waiting to be set up. I'm kind of dreading Chyler's transition to a bed, but I think we're going to do it this weekend. I bought a comforter yesterday and am getting excited to decorate her room.
A big thanks to Bishop Reid and his wife, my parents, and those who helped move it. We wouldn't be the happy owners of a piano and mattress without your help!
I am happy to report that I am FINALLY caught up on the blog. Now I just have to update our family picture up top! It's almost 2 years old and doesn't include one very important person. Stay tuned!

2 comments:
Hi Kyla!
Yes I am working on mission papers right now!
Congratulations on the piano, I am very jealous!
What a wonderful thing to get a piano!! That was one of my favorite purchases ever and I know you'll love having one in your home. Hooray for free stuff through church!
Post a Comment