Monday, August 20, 2012

Saving Some Cash

 A few weeks ago, it was tax free weekend in Oklahoma. Other than clothes, diapers were also on the list of approved items. Since we knew we were going to need diapers over the next year, Brian and I thought we'd take advantage of the opportunity and stock up. Tax free weekend also just happened to be a weekend where Sams Club let non-members shop at their store for free. Sam's Club sells their diapers for a few dollars cheaper than what I can get anywhere else, so what a score!

On Saturday morning, Chyler and I headed to Sam's Club and ended up getting 14 huge boxes (over 200 in a box) of Luvs diapers. Our push cart was packed as we wheeled them to the check-out. Our full cart also attracted quite a few looks, as well as a few kids remarking, "That's a lot of diapers!" It's a good thing I stopped at 14 because it was already a tight fit putting them all in the car. One more box and they wouldn't have fit!

Brian and I calculated that we saved about $40 in taxes and even more just by buying them at Sam's Club. Nothing life changing, but a little bit always helps.



No comments: