Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

The past 1 1/2 months have been so busy around here with the move, our vacation, just the regular business of kids, decorating the house, and oh so much more. I've had to let some things slide and sadly for you all (or, at least I like to think so), my blog has been one of those things. I've actually dreaded updating my blog because I know I'm SO behind. Last night, I had the thought that I'm never going to get caught up if I don't start somewhere though. So, I'm going to attempt to work on a post every day until we're up to date. Wish me luck.

Happy Father's Day Brian!
(Only 1 1/2 months late!
But don't worry, we celebrated on Father's Day.) 

Whenever Brian and I got married, I never would have thought we'd have 2 kids in just 2 1/2 years of marriage. But, here they are and we couldn't be happier they're ours. As it goes with having any number of kids at any time, there's been a lot of growing on our side. I like to think that Brian and I are both better people today than we were 2 years ago when Chyler was born.

So, this post is dedicated to you Sweetheart. I know it hasn't been easy, but I'm so grateful for the daily choices you've made and continue to make to be a great dad to Chyler and Jackson. 
What I LOVE about the dad you've become:
  • Chyler is bubbling with energy and I love how you chase her around the room, let her ride on your back, and just rough-house with her. This always gets her biggest giggles.
  • I love how you take Chyler and Jackson to monthly donut/choclolate milk runs so you can have fun daddy-daughter and father-son time.
  • I love how you're planning daily trips to the park with Chyler (and one day Jackson) now that we live close.
  • I love how you read things about how to be a better dad and act on it. Specifically, I love that you wrote Chyler a letter for her 2nd b-day so she can read it later.
  • I love how you help get the kids ready for bed, give them baths, pick up their toys, change their diapers, and more.
  • I love how you let Chyler tickle you because she finds it so funny.
  • I love how you take Chyler outside to help you water the lawn. She LOVES going outside and I like to think you're teaching her a thing or two :)
  • I love how you can make Jackson giggle uncontrollably. It scares me to death, but he loves it when you hold him by his ankles and turn him around.
  • I know Jackson loves you so much because as soon as you walk into the room, his face lights up with the biggest smile. Even when you're not looking at him, his eyes follow you around the room just waiting to catch your attention.
  • I love also how you light up when you see Jackson. There's no denying there's something special between you two.
  • I love the scripture stories you tell our kids each night. They may not understand them now, but one day they will.
  • I love all the thought and energy you put into thinking about their future. I know they're in good hands.
  • I love how you've encouraged our family to do more things together, even just going to the grocery store. It's the little things that matter.
 Watching a Bieber music video

The kids & you watching Tangled
 Father & Son

Chyler feeding you cheerios
while watching Tangled again (it's a family favorite)

Just precious

So, to you Brian, I say "Thank-you."
Not only did our kids score big with
getting you as their dad, but so did I. Love you! 

No comments: