Thursday, August 23, 2012

Community Center

I like to exercise, but it seems like my exercise habits go in phases. Over the years, I've gone back and forth between being super diligent and exercising 5 times/week, being semi-dilligent and exercising 3 times/week, doing exercise videos, running outside, training for a marathon (which ended in a stress fracture in my feet after 13 miles), waking up early to exercise, exercising late at night, and doing nothing at all. For the past few months, I've been doing nothing at all. And although I've reached my pre-pregnancy birth weight with Jackson, I have not reached my pre-pregnancy body. Now that things have started to settle down around here, I've recently felt the desire to start up my exercise routine again. Brian was feeling the same way and told me about a work perk he recently learned about. His work will reimburse us up to $200/year on a gym membership. I've never been a big gym fan (I couldn't justify paying to exercise somewhere when I could just go running outside), but with two little ones around here and the convenience of a daycare program at the gym, how could I turn it down?

A friend that used to live around us told us about Mustang's Community Center (we like in Yukon, which is right next to Mustang). They have a gym, exercise classes, a basketball court with a walking track above it, a rock climbing wall, babysitting, a fun spot with pool tables, and more for an affordable rate. Plus, it's a close drive, it's right next to the public library, and we'll get future discounts on swimming lessons. What a score!

Here's to hoping that my exercise routine will be more consistent again!

No comments: